How to Web Register
- Click the link "Home" above and then click "Continue", then "Enter Secure Area"
Login: Enter your user ID number or Social Security Number (i.e. 999999999) and your login PIN. Your initial PIN number is a random set of six characters and numbers that you received in a paper letter or an email message to your Alfred State account. Once you have successfully logged in you will use the PIN you created.
IMPORTANT FOR FIRST TIME USERS!
Once you log in, you will be asked to create a new PIN and set up a security question and answer. The question and answer will help you access your account if you ever forget your PIN.
NOTE: WHEN CREATING YOUR NEW LOGIN PIN BE SURE TO MAKE IT EASY TO REMEMBER. The PIN must be six digits in the form of characters/numbers or any combination thereof. It is advisable to use words, not numbers or dates for your security question and answer.
THIS PIN MUST BE USED WHENEVER YOU LOG IN TO THE SECURE AREA OF BANNER WEB TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES, PROCESS YOUR BILL, REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS, PRINT UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS, CHANGE MAILING ADDRESS, CHECK YOUR GRADES, ETC.
Click on: "Student Services & Financial Aid" then "Registration".
New Freshman - You can obtain a copy of your first semester curriculum sheet by clicking on New Freshman First Semester Curriculum Sheet. This lists the required first semester courses. If you are an ASOP student select the curriculum sheet for ASOP.
EOP students should contact the Student Success Center at 607-587-4122 for assistance with registering.
Continuing Students – before proceeding, you should meet with your academic adviser to obtain your Registration Authorization Code.
Transfer Students – before proceeding you should meet with your academic adviser to obtain your Registration Authorization Code.
- New Freshman - Click on Freshman Math and English Recommendation, write down the courses that have been recommended for you. If you have transfer or AP credit and we have received the official transcripts they will appear on this screen. Scroll down and click on Add/Drop Classes. Select Term, and click on Submit.
- If you know the CRN’s (course registration numbers) you can enter them in the boxes at the bottom of the page and click on Submit Changes. Otherwise, you must use the “Class Search” feature. Scroll down and click on Class Search, select the Subject you are registering for (e.g. NURS-Nursing, COMP-Composition) and click Course Search. Locate the correct course number and select View Sections. Select the section you wish to register for by clicking in the box to the left of the course name and click on Register at the bottom of the page. If a course is full it will not show when you do a class search. You can verify this by going to “Class Schedule” (real-time data) a link found prior to entering the secure area. Remember some courses consist of a lecture and lab, which are linked (A1, A2). You have to select both the lecture and lab at the same time or you will receive a link error. Nursing has 4-5 links. Your courses and any errors that prevented registration will be displayed. Scroll down the screen to check your registration. Correct your registration errors. (See below for details on most common errors.) If you are an Applied Technology (Wellsville) student and are having problems, please contact the Wellsville Dean’s Office at (607) 587-3101.
- Now that you are registered, scroll down and click on Student Schedule by Day and Time to view your schedule. You may print your schedule to the connected printer by clicking on Print from your Web browser menu. This is a TENTATIVE SCHEDULE, subject to change.
- Part-of-Term classes are classes that do not meet for the full 15-week semester. If you have registered for a class with a Part-of-Term other than “1,” you must print more than one copy of your schedule to get all of the needed information. On the bottom of the screen showing your class schedule (Student Schedule by Day and Time), there will be a place to click on the class with an alternate Part-of-Term. Click on this and a new schedule will appear with this course included and the appropriate dates.
- Carefully check your registration. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF YOUR REGISTRATION..
- To logout, click Exit. Click "Return to Homepage". CLOSE BROWSER TO SECURE YOUR RECORDS..
COMMON ERROR MESSAGES
TIME CONFLICT– course times overlap. Register for the course you prefer. See the instructor for permission to register for the course that conflicts – then go to the **SRFS Office to process the permission. Note: this error message might print on the bottom portion of your schedule even though there is no apparent time conflict. If this is the case the message usually means that the course has more than one classroom listed and is really not an error. You may double-check this at the SRFS Office.
CLOSED COURSE– this section is full. Register for another section or course.
LINK ERROR– you have registered for a lab or lecture section without the corresponding lecture or lab. Use the Add Class area to add BOTH the lecture and lab sections.
PREREQUISITE ERROR– the system says you have not taken (or are not currently registered for) the required prerequisite for this course. Contact your academic adviser for further direction.
- Use the Return to Menu button to move between screens. DO NOT USE THE BACK BUTTON or you will be logged off. If this happens, simply login again.
- Three failed attempts to log in will disable your PIN. If this occurs, contact the Alfred State College Help Desk by calling (607) 587-(HELP) or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you try to access a menu option and receive the message Request failed, click the Back button ONCE and try again.