how to process your bill
Note: If you use the my.alfredstate.edu portal to log in to Banner Web please skip to step 3.
- Click the link "Home" above and then click "Continue", then "Enter Secure Area"
Login: Enter your user ID number or Social Security Number (i.e. 999999999) and your login PIN. Your initial PIN number is a random set of six characters and numbers that you received in a paper letter or an email message to your Alfred State account. Once you have successfully logged in you will use the PIN you created.
IMPORTANT FOR FIRST TIME USERS!
Once you log in, you will be asked to create a new PIN and set up a security question and answer. The question and answer will help you access your account if you ever forget your PIN.
NOTE: WHEN CREATING YOUR NEW LOGIN PIN BE SURE TO MAKE IT EASY TO REMEMBER. The PIN must be six digits in the form of characters/numbers or any combination thereof. It is advisable to use words, not numbers or dates for your security question and answer.
THIS PIN MUST BE USED WHENEVER YOU LOG IN TO THE SECURE AREA OF BANNER WEB TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES, PROCESS YOUR BILL, REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS, PRINT UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS, CHANGE MAILING ADDRESS, CHECK YOUR GRADES, ETC.
- Click "Student Services & Financial Aid Menu", then "Student Accounts".
- Click "Pay/Process your bill".
- Click "Select Term" if asked.
- Read Important Billing Information including - Due Date, Instructions, Contact Information, and Refund Policy.
- The charges, payments, credits, and account balance will be displayed first.
- You will be asked about Adjustable and Optional Fees for your Meal Plan, Campus Spending Account (CSA), and Graduation Fee. You must answer all of these questions before continuing. You must enter "0" if not adding any funds to CSA.
- You will be asked for "authorization" to use Title IV funds (Federal Loans and Grants) to pay for non-institutional charges (optional fees). If you disagree, you will be responsible for payment of these charges.
- You will be asked for "authorization" to use Title IV funds (Federal Loans and Grants) to pay for a prior balance up to $200.00.
- Click "Next".
- If you have a zero balance due, review the information regarding enrollment and financial responsibility and Click "Process Bill" to finalize. A message will then display stating "Your bill has been processed successfully." You will also receive a confirmation email sent within 24 hours to your Alfred State email account. If you do not receive this email, please contact the Student Records and Financial Services Office. If your current "Term Credits" are greater than your current "Term Charges" you may be eligible for a refund. Enrolling in E-Refund is the fastest and most convenient way to receive your refund.
- If you have a balance due and you would like to pay with a credit card click "Online Credit Card Payment". Click "Continue" to transfer to our secure payment platform. Enter your credit card information and then select "Pay Now". Your bill will be processed when your credit card is approved.
- If you have a balance due and you would like to perform a wire transfer click "Wire Transfer Information" and follow the instructions.
- If you have a balance due and you would like to set up a Monthly Payment Plan click "Set up a Monthly Payment Plan". The schedule of payments and the amount due immediately will be displayed. Please review the Terms and Conditions. You are responsible for making the payment each month unless you complete the MPP Automatic Payment Credit Card Authorization Form. Click I accept these MPP Terms and Conditions" to proceed. Click "Continue" to transfer to our secure payment platform to pay the initial payment marked as "due now". Enter your credit card information and then select "Pay Now". Your bill will be processed when your credit card is approved.
- If you have a balance due and you would like to send the payment by mail, print off a copy of your bill after you have made your selections for Adjustable and Optional Fees and the Title IV authorizations, sign it, and mail it along with your payment. Your bill will not be considered processed until the check is received in the Student Records and Financial Services Office, so please consider mailing time. Please make the check payable to "Alfred State College" and include the student ID number on the check. Payments should be addressed to Student Records and Financial Services, Alfred State College, 10 Upper College Drive, Alfred, NY 14802.
- To logout, click the "Exit" button.
- Click "Return to Homepage".
- CLOSE YOUR WEB BROWSER TO SECURE YOUR RECORDS.